St. Mary’s students organize Thrive Fashion Show

Sophomore Claire Ledbetter creates this graphic to use for advertisement, putting it on posters and even T-shirts that the group is selling at St. Mary’s and MUS.

On April 13 at 5:30 pm in the Rose Theater, the Thrive Fashion Show will occur, featuring Thrive’s participants as models in local Plato’s Closet clothing. After two years, students have come back together to make a special night for the members of Thrive and raise money for the organization.

The mission of Thrive, a local Memphis nonprofit, is “enriching the lives of those with intellectual disabilities by meeting their social, recreational, and continued educational needs.”

Since the beginning of the traditional Thrive Fashion Show fundraiser, a committee of St. Mary’s students have organized this event to raise money for the local nonprofit. This year’s committee consists of Leah Balkaran (11), McBride Jamieson (12), Hannah Kerlan (11), Cam Lawrence (11), Claire Ledbetter (10), Sydney Shanker (10), and Tallulah Taylor (12). Although, you too can get involved!

This year, the student committee has created t-shirts that will be sold for 15 dollars on Monday, April 11.

You can participate in the actual event itself and even get some service hours by volunteering to help out behind the scenes, set up before the show, or clean up after the show. Additionally, you can also support by buying tickets and cheering on the models from the audience.

Click this link to buy tickets or donate if you cannot attend.